- Half red grapefruit
- 5 large frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon mix of flaxseeds and chia
- 4 pecan nuts
- 5 tablespoons or more of low fat yoghurt
Additional natural booster of the immune system with some anti cancer effect all of which I add to the smoothie.
- Prescribed – 5 drops of Iodine solution (consult your doctor before using this)
- Self prescribed – a teaspoon of CHAGA Mushroom powder (Mattison)
- Prescribed – a half pipette of Turkey Tail (lab. tested to be effective on my tumor cells)
- Prescribed – 2 scoops of vitamin C powder (322 magnesium ascorbaat)
Peel your grapefruit but the thin skin covering the juicy part should be used as wel. Lots of good fibres. Then just put everything into your Smoothie Bottle and mix away! Of course, all ingredients can be increased or decreased. I manage to use this over a period of 1 hour.
I use prescribed supplements before and after the smoothie.
This smoothie is one of my favourites.
Have a great day!
Storytime: Break the day with a grapefruit
The first time I tasted grapefruit was in Guyana as a little girl. My father was a conscious health freak which was extraordinary in an Indian, Muslim home in the 70’s and 80’s. Mind you he did like his red meat (mutton (lamb and sheep), goat, venison, beef), but no meal and no day was complete without vegetables and fruits. Living in Guyana in those days meant having no access to canned or processed foods. Thank god because little did we know how healthy our nourishment was. Like most Guyanese we thought the grass was greener on the other side which meant North America and the UK.
Grapefruit and oranges were almost always a daily part of our breakfast. And to be really honest I am talking about when we finally settled down in the last house I lived in so that would be in the period between 11 anf 17 years old. Long enough to plant the health gene in my system.
Break the day with grapefruit juice, grapefruit or grapefruit smoothie. Papa this is for you. I can vividly picture the expression on your face while digging into a juicy grapefruit.